Sephora & Pantone Universe - Tangerine Tango Cream Lipstick

Thursday, April 26, 2012


 

Only available from Sephora (click here to go to the Sephora website). $18.00 USD.


I have never been this excited about a beauty collaboration as I was when I heard about Pantone teaming up with Sephora for their Spring release of Pantones colour of the year. Tangerine Tango.

In case you don't know who or what Pantone Universe are and do they are fundamentally the authority on all things colour. They are accredited with the entire development and creation of the PMS colour management system which is used by fashion houses, cosmetic companies, the graphic arts industry, marketing, interior design etc all over the world.

Since the year 2000 Pantone has annually declared a "Colour of the Year" based on research the colour is chosen to reflect the spirit of the times. This years choice Tangerine Tango is supposed to "reawaken and reinvigorate your own passion for color--or ignite a new found love".

Pantone's research is actually really fascinating if you are at all interested in the fashion industry. You can download the Spring 2012 Fashion Colour Report here: http://www.pantone.com/pages/fcr.aspx?pg=20910&ca=4. The report details the it colours for the upcoming season and features world leading designers like Tommy Hilfiger, Nanette Lepore, Cynthia Steffe, Elie Tahari and Adrienne Vittadini - even Barbie names her Pantone pick for the season.

The colour itself (Pantone 17-1463 TCX) is a bright orange with a lot of depth to it. Pantone describes it as “Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy.” I am a big fan.

 
You can tell I really let my inner super geek take over a little bit there - I promise things are about to get nice and frivolous....

On to what you all came here for - lipstick! Let's start with the amazing packaging, I was just "wowed" by the outstanding design and quality that is featured in every little detail. Even the external box feels like something you just wouldn't want to throw away. A mini little piece of artwork to display on a shelf somewhere.

The lipstick casing is so luxurious and great quality, the tube is reminiscent of a Tom Ford or Burberry lipstick with it's rectangular shape and magnetic base. I am a big fan of the super sleek silver and white design - definitely something I would be proud to pull out of my purse and leisurely apply.

The formula is again just outstanding, especially given the price is at least half that of something like Tom Ford. Although the lipstick is a cream I feel like it has more of a glossy/slippery texture which is very reminiscent of the YSL Rouge Volutpe Lipstick. Super smooth and moisturising the light weight nature of the lipstick means it does tend to travel and slip. If you were planning to wear this out on the town I would highly suggest pairing it with a lip liner.

I decided to swatch it two says, the first being just the lipstick on it's own slapped on the lips. I found that this way was a little less wearable for my ghostly skin tone, but still very pretty and would look fantastic on a night out. For the second swatch I decided to tone it down for easy everyday wear suited to the office or school, I started with Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Liner in Tiramisu and filled in the entire lip - I then followed with a light application of MAC Myth Lipstick (any nude will do) and patted that into the lips to ensure it was sort of "absorbed" - finally I swiped a little Tangerine Tango over the top which when combined with Myth turns into a beautiful light peach with a beautiful glossy surface. I am in love with this product.



I love that the packaging looks like a little mini skyscraper in this picture.



Swatches:



Full on application:


Toned down application: Rimmel Lip Liner in Tirimasu, MAC Lipstick in Myth and Pantone Tangerine Tango lightly dabbed on top.




Comment below and let me know if you have tried any of the Sephora + Pantone Universe collaboration products. Do you prefer the lipstick full throttle or toned down? How would you wear it? I look forward to reading all your responses.

- Stacie x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |